Monday, January 30, 2006

Choices

A simple principle that I apply every day is the following: "I am the sum total of all the choices that I have made during my lifetime." Others are not responsible for who I am. It may be true that many people try to manipulate, control, and victimize you in any way they can. However, there would be fewer victims if people would stop playing role of the victim in their relationships with other people. I believe that you get treated the way you teach people to treat you. If you are treated badly by other people, ask yourself, "What is there about me that I allow others to treat me in this manner?" You can then look into yourself for the answers.

My teaching and lectures are a reflection of who and what I am. I am not interested in just handling my life; coping; getting along. I believe that one should try to master one's life. Have a mission--a purpose--and be a model for other people. Act it, be it, for actions speak louder than words.

Rather than talking about neurosis, depression, and all of the negative things that afflict people, choose to focus on the positive things. Choose to focus on what you have, rather than what you are lacking. Choose a path that allows you to be at peace with yourself. Live in the here and now, so you can appreciate each moment of your life as you live it.




No comments: