Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A Personal Stance

I am a happy man.
I have found a fulfilling purpose for my life.
I am a teacher, I am a nurturer, I am a counselor.
These are my professional roles, acquired over many years. Combined with my role as husband, father, and grandfather, these roles define myself.

I have achieved octogenarian status, which I consider no great achievement in and of itself. What I consider more relevant is that I have reached my eighties still energetic and more enthusiastic than ever.

My personal and professional experiences have shown me that any person is capable of reaching a high level of mental and physical health. When I say that "It's Yours for the Asking," I strongly believe that if you really want to achieve a superior state of living each and every day, ask for it, and then go after it. You can decide to work, one day at a time, on adopting a philosophy of life that will bring you the greatest amount of fulfillment and happiness, regardless of your circumstances and regardless of the problems that you have encountered until today.

I believe that, if I can help people to accept and love themselves just a little bit more, then they will be able to discover the resources within themselves, their internal physicians. This page is an adaptation from my book, It's Your For The Asking, which is a "text" for your internal physician. It is, if you will, an introduction to the Bekoff therapeutic method called Intra-persona Therapy.

Intra-persona Therapy is your personal application of a variety of proven and accepted approaches, "prescriptions," and remedies, to experiences, situations, relationships, and personality characteristics that may be causing problems in your life, or preventing you from attaining ultimate personal fulfillment. Often without realizing it, many people have successfully applied particular elements of this therapy to achieve new levels of personal awareness, serenity, peace of mind, and continuing happiness. Through these pages you will come to understand these elements, and through this understanding, you will learn to take control of your inner self, and in so doing destroy the barriers that cause emotional pain and inhibit your personal growth. With this discovery, you can continue to grow independently, in health and well-being, for all of your days.

I believe in a Universal Principle--my name for what others may call God. This Universal Principle intends that we discover, realize, and appreciate ourselves and others. I believe in the uniqueness of each individual, and that this uniqueness was intended and designed by the Universal Principle.

When I am not reading I talk and listen. I listen to the great and famous minds of the world and I listen to simple, everyday wisdom. I remind the reader that I give credit to the famous and anonymous for their words and ideas that I have adopted.

You can discover yourself!
You can keep discovering yourself!
You can become what the Universal Principle intended!
I firmly believe that what I say can free your mind and bring you joy--NOW!

No comments: